- FIDREY ISLE, in the parish of Dirleton, and county of Haddington. This is a small and beautiful island, situated at the mouth of the Frith of Forth, about half a mile distant from the coast, and opposite to Dirleton. On it are the ruins of a building, an ancient chapel, or a lazaretto for the sick, which was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Inchkeith — Infobox Scottish island | latitude=56 longitude= 3.1 GridReference= NT293826 celtic name=Innis Cheith norse name= meaning of name=Island of Keith, or the Wood area= c.20 ha area rank= highest elevation= 60 m Population=0 population rank= main… … Wikipedia
Islands of the Forth — The Islands of the Firth of Forth are a minor island group, lying between Fife and the Lothians, in east Scotland. There are few islands off eastern Scotland, and this group comprises the majority.They include:* Bass Rock * Craigleith *… … Wikipedia
Ibris, or Eyebroughy — IBRIS, or EYEBROUGHY, an isle, in the parish of Dirleton, county of Haddington. This islet lies close to the main land of the parish, in the Frith of Forth, and is of small extent, and very narrow. The isle of Fidrey, also appertaining to… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland